The more I use this camera the more I love it. For sports it’s almost perfect. If it was full frame 18 or 22 megapixels then bingo….but that’s called a 1DX! My favorite lens on this camera is the 70-200 f4 IS because it’s super sharp, excellent colour & contrast + it’s far smaller than it’s bigger brother – the f2.8, which I’m sure is better but it’s also bigger. Maybe these higher iso’s make f4 the new f2.8?
What I really love:
- Autofocus is superb
- Colour rendition is superb
- Buffer is endless for JPEG & excellent for raw files
- Menu easy to navigate & familiar Canon interface
- Custom settings very handy
- High ISO setting outstanding
- Sensor is better than some people think….my A1 prints are very detailed and retain excellent clarity
- Battery life very good
- Built in flash handy on high contrast days
- Dual card slot gives flex ability
- Interverlometer and bulb settings are professional grade
- Very good rear LCD
It is amazing value for the money and the apsc sensor is better than many armchair critics would like to admit. Well done Canon, this is a wonderful camera. Just buy one and enjoy the pictures.