This camera is becoming my favourite. The detail, even after cropping in post, is extremely pleasing for a APSC sensor. Well done Canon, great job. Click on any shot for more detail. All taken using the 70-200 F4 IS lens. Raw files processed in Lightroom.
- The resolution is so good you don’t need a full frame camera anymore
- The expanded ISO is awesome
- Shoot raw as the buffer will handle most situations
- The raw file recover anything as well as most full frame cameras
- Battery life is very good
- Shoot manual, shoot f8, seg the desired shutter speed, for me that’s between 1/1000 & 1/1600
- Evaluative metering works well most of the time
- Auto white balance works well most of the time
- Use the CF card first as it seems to have slightly faster write speeds
- The autofocus is the market leader, and it’s not as hard to work out as it seems
- A 70-200 f4 will suffice most of the time due to the crop sensor reach & the detail retained from cropping in post
- Edit in Lightroom and save your favorite presets
- Use light rooms new anti haze effect on +7 all the time for extra sharpness & depth
- Forgot monopods for anything over 1/100 shutter speed as it’s a waste with in lens IS
- Buy a Canon 70-200 f4 L lens, smaller & lighter than f2.8 and cheaper – just as sharp
- Know the sport to predict the action
- Share your photos with friends & teammates
- The pics below have been cropped (a lot) and were shot in raw & developed in Lightroom + detail lost because I’ve downloaded them from Dropbox to my phone!!!!
This is interesting, although I haven’t tried it…..